The EZ Communicator Navigator 2- and 4-Wire Push Button Stations (EN2 PBS and EN4 PBS) are the pedestrian interfaces to the EZ Communicator Navigator Accessible Pedestrian System. An EN2 system includes a Central Control Unit (CCU2EN), and up to 16 Push Button Stations (4 maximum per channel). An EN4 system includes a Ped Head Control Unit (PHCU4W), and a Push Button Station. Polara’s Configurator (ECONFIG) or PC Toolbox allow the customer/installer to easly configure all of the desired features on both systems.
An EN2 system is designed for use on intersections with existing button wires and provides the maximum features and performance possible. A Control Unit installs in the intersection Traffic Cabinet and coordinates the performance of each PBS over the existing two button wires. All sounds are synchronized and special functions such as preemption messaging, muting of sounds, ping pong (alternating) of sounds and other features are available.
An EN4 system is designed for intersections where button wires do not exist, but can also be installed on intersections with button wires. A Control Unit installs in each Pedestrian Signal and connects to a PBS via 4 wires. Each system is independent of the others and each PBS responds to the messaging provided by the Pedestrian Signal Head it is connected to. The sounds are not synchronized and some of the features on a 2-Wire system are not available.
NOTE: The EN product line and iN product line are not compatible. Polara will continue to support the EN product line for years to come, but for new installations it is recommended you use the iN product line.
The EN2 and EN4 PBS both include the body, sign, ADA-compliant push button and mounting hardware. Both systems provide valuable information and cues via a vibrating arrow button and audible sounds, making the intersection accessible for all pedestrians. A sunlight-visible red LED latches “ON” to confirm the button has been pushed. The EZ Communicator Navigator 2- and 4-Wire systems provide the following standard features:
- Confirmation of button push via latching LED, sound, and tactile bounce.
- Direction of travel (with extended button push).
- Standard locating tone during Don’t Walk (and Clearance if desired).
- Cuckoo, Chirp, Rapid Tick, Verbal, or user customized voice messages during walk. A total of 10 walk sound options are included with an additional 2 locations for custom voice messages/walk sounds.
- Vibrating button during walk.
- Choice of 4 locating tones, custom sound, or verbal countdown during PED clearance.
- All sounds automatically adjust to ambient over 60dB range.
- Most sounds have a minimum and maximum volume setting option.
- An extended button push can turn on, or boost volumes.
- Custom audio messages and configuration settings can be easily changed via USB port.
- Firmware updates provided through USB port.
- Independent ambient adjustment setting for the locate tone which allows fine adjustments for low ambient conditions.
- False Walk Detection: Built-in
- Program Selection Options: Time of Day, Week, Month, Holidays & Daylight Savings Time
- Programs (Configurations): 1 Default plus 3 Alternate programs
- Multiple Languages: Maximum of Two Languages Selected via Extended Push
- On the EN2, sounds are synchronized across all PBSs.
- On the EN2, an extended button push can mute all sounds except those on the activated crosswalk.
- The EN2 system can provide pre-configured special messages played throughout the entire intersection upon a central system activated signal (preemption).