Polara launches PEDAPP®, a mobile application that acts as a free pedestrian smartphone crossing supplement and a touchless button actuation feature. This app can be used in tandem with the iNS Accessible Pedestrian Signal.
Below are the features provided:
- Allows Visually Impaired and all Pedestrians to actuate button from phone via Bluetooth® wireless technology
- Available for iOS® (Apple) and Android™
- Supplements existing iNS APS by providing programmable audible intersection crossing information – location, directionality, Walk, Don’t Walk, and Ped Clearance
- Works with “text to speech” technology built into Smartphones
- Visually impaired pedestrians and sighted pedestrians can choose levels of use based on their needs/wants.
Visit the Pedapp product page for more information.